Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jennie Wright 1905 - 2009

Wednesday, April 8th, at 12:37 am, after a few weeks in the hospital, Grandma Jennie passed away, at the age of 103. Twelve hours earlier, she had been awake, alert and angry with her doctor for not visiting her on Sunday - the doctor's one day off... Eight hours earlier, she began to struggle to breath and became non-responsive.

Over the course of those eight hours, family and friends from around Sitka came and visited with her, holding her hand, stroking her hair and talking and singing with her.

She was blessed, and we were blessed to have known her, and to have been loved by her. She has touched so many, and will be missed.

Rest in Peace, my sweet Sunshine, I love you and will miss you always.
You Are My Sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home